Wednesday, May 31, 2006

After work

sorry, sorry for not updating. Well, I have finished my traineeship and the last day was not really satisfactory. I had an argue with my boss on the reference letter I was supposed to write myself (how absurd). Well, the discussion ended up very emotionally, my boss shouting at me and losing his temper. It shows again how different working culture in India is from the West; never question authorities!!! However, I am in the midst of my preperations for travelling. I will remain for another 10 days in the south. on the 14th I'll fly to Mumbai and a week later to Delhi to head off for the Himalaya. I am pretty glad to leave Bangalore even though I'm sad to leave many new friends behind. The social life was definitely wonderful here. But I never really liked the city. So, this friday I'll head for Pondicherry, a former French colony-enclave. I also want to visit the Ashram of Auroville there which is a community, founded in the sixties. The international community of Auroville (60% non-Indians from countries all over the world) share an Ideology which is a mix between a communistic and spiritual credo. I imagine something like a spiritual Israeli Kibbutz. I'll see. After Pondicherry and Auroville I want to go to the mountains (Whestern Ghats) again. I have not made up my mind yet where exactly I want to go. I have only one week left then, and the mountain area is huge. Next weekend I plan to go to Madikeri in the region of Coorgh. The population there is suppose to be descendents of Persians who fled the islamic invasion a few hundred years ago. One of my collegues at my work was from the region and she definitely seemed different to me than a classic southern-Indian. She also seemed proud of that:-) Anyway, after Coorgh I will come back to B'lore again for one or two nights and then fly to Mumbai. Exciting it sounds, yeah. But travel-preparation can be very exhausting too.
Otherwise.... the monsoon has started in the south-west, the weather here in B'lore is cloudy and cool (around 25 degrees). Very comfortable for a tropical region like here. Pondicherry will be around 40 degrees and horribly humid so I enjoy my last days here or at least the climated....
Cheers.
mi scho.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mischo, I always enjoy reading your blog. Tu ecris comme tu es, a travers tes mots je te vois t'enerver et ca me fait trop rire. C'est tout Misho. C'est nostalgique aussi. J'aurai aime faire tout ce que tu fais en ce moment....Combien de temps va tu voyager? Je ne pense pas que tu pourras nous rejoindre le 23 juin a Amsterdam. Ca serait sympa n'empeche.

Gros bisous et prend soin de toi.
magali

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there M! I am glad you are finally making an escape! Keep in touch and let me know where you are and how you are doing!

:-)

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And actually - we are supposed to be descendants of the Greek - from Alexander's invading Armies :-) - But dont take my word for it - they are in the process of mapping the DNA - I will tell you when we get the results!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coucou !!!

je suis contente de voir que ca y est tu vas voyager ! j'espere bien que tu vas tout raconter ici , comme ca moi aussi je voyagerai a travers ton experience . Je suis a Paris, ou il fait etonnament gris et froid pour cette fin mai. Profite bien de ton voyage, et qui sait, a bientot, en Europe ou ailleurs.

bisous
Sandie

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please shut up already about the weather, alright. its common knowledge among your fans that you are always hanging out the the most beautiful places...

well, it sucks here, it got cold again.

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain zürich rain rain rain zürich rain rain rain zürich rain rain rain zürich rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain

now here is some message you might want to look at:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2718950?ifilmid=2718952

Gruess vom Herr i de Gummistiefeli

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut MISO,

Enfin un peu de news de ta part !!! décidémént on ne peut pas t'oublier, tu resurgit à chaque fois...
J'espère te revoir bientôt quand même ..
Gros bisou et prend soin de toi.

Arijana

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gute Reise!!!

2:00 AM  
Blogger mischo@asia said...

wer ist denn der herr i de gummistiefeli???

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello dearest Mischo,
Enjoy the journey to teh fullest an please take care of yourself.
Keep in touch to know how you are doing. Mucha suerte
Te quiero,
David

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home